Below is the list of committees for the MUN conference hosted at King's Christian Collegiate. When you register, you will be asked to state your committee(s) of choice.
Tutorial committees designed for delegates in Grades 7 &8 who are completely new to MUN. These committees will learn all about MUN in the morning, and debate their given topic in the afternoon.
The other committees are for those with some MUN experience and high school students.
Novice = 0-1 conferences attended.
Intermediate = 1-3 conference attended.
Advanced = 3+ conference attended.
For guidelines on writing a POSITION PAPER, visit: www.helpmyMUN.com
Deforestation and Land Rights of Indigenous People in the Amazon
Mitigating the impact of increasing extreme weather events
UN Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
1. Resource Extraction and Indigenous Land Rights in
a. Northern Ontario, Canada
b. Democratic Republic of
1. Decarbonizing Transportation
2. Responsible Resource Extraction and EVs
The British Commonwealth
1. Assessing the Role of the Royal Family
2. Severing Ties with the Commonwealth
1. Migrant Abuse at International Borders
2. Stopping Human Smuggling
1. Freedom of Speech in the Digital Age
2. Responsible Journalism in an Age of "Fake News"
B: Governments, Human Rights, and Involvement in International Sporting Events
1. Economic Impact of Prohibition
2. Addressing Organized Crime and Prohibition
The Hunger Games
1. Overthrowing the Capitol
2.Rebuilding a new Panem
African Union (Int/Adv)
1. Cobalt Mining and Labour Rights in the DRC
2. The Situation in Eritrea
1. The Situation in Afghanistan.
2. The Situation in Iran
1. Limiting Religious Symbols in Publics Spaces
2. Iran and the Rights of Women.
City of Toronto
1. Affordable Housing and Real Estate
2. Addressing Homelessness
1. Reconciling the History of Residential Schools
2. Rethinking Education Models for Indigenous Peoples.
Topic: The Human Cost of Utopian Society
**This is a crisis committee
Council of Olympus
Topics: Climate Change: Seeking Agreement Between Gods and Humans