Below is the list of committees for the MUN conference hosted at King's Christian Collegiate. When you register, you will be asked to state your committee(s) of choice.
NOTE: There are 2 tutorial committees, designed for delegates in Grades 7 &8 who are completely new to MUN. These committees will debate only one topic. The other committees are for those with some MUN experience and high school students.
Novice = 0-1 conferences attended.
Intermediate = 1-3 conference attended.
Advanced = 3+ conference attended.
For guidelines on writing a POSITION PAPER, visit: www.helpmyMUN.com
UN Security Council
1. The Situation In Syria (Kurds)
2. The Situation in Hong Kong
Alliance of Small Island States
1. Rising Ocean Levels & Displacement (**UNHCR Challenge topic - see below)
2. Mitigating Damage from
Intensifying Natural Disasters
Countering toxic narratives about refugees and migrants
Supporting the economic inclusion of refugees
Improving access to education for refugees
UN Women (Advanced)
1. Female Economic Empowerment in Developing Countries
2. Increasing Literacy Rates among Women
City of Toronto - Crime Prevention
1. Homicide rates in the GTA
2. Human Trafficking in the GTA and Beyond.
UN Security Council (Tutorial)
1. The Situation in Syria
1. Rainforest destruction in the Amazon
Topic: 1. Rainforest destruction,
Amazon , Congo,
2. Palm oil production in
22 member Arab organization
which aims to address the affairs
and concerns of Arab countries.
1. Resolving the conflict in Yemen
2. Extremism in the Arab World
(& protecting religious minorities)
1. Ebola in the DRC
2. Cholera prevention in Refugee
1. Defeating Thanos
2. Wakanda and
1. Civil Unrest in